Living happily with a great designer., The Pelican Project., Line. (lin) A thin continuous mark, as that made by a pen, pencil, or brush applied to a surface. (via Answers.com), Mark Burrier Illustration, David Hughes Illustration, Wonderful, moving illustration by Matthew Woodson, Just the kind of illustrator that I like best, Ohio’s Forgotten Drive-Ins, Roz Stendahl is wet media journal artist living in Minneapolis, Minnesota, As an American illustrator living in Japan Russ Stutler has an unique perspective on art and art media that highlights the best of both worlds.
Torture should never be used to sustain a country’s objectives–only a country in decline would employ such terrible methods.
There’s a popular axiom that goes, “Perception is reality.” Mostly this is used a superior in the workplace whose is giving you shit for being seen doing something out of the ordinary by someone even more superior and that they’ve perceived as wasting time.
For me it was drawing. I am a graphic designer and I often draw to flesh out ideas and find solutions to problems, but someone saw me drawing and due to their poor schooling thought drawing was a waste of time. I was told to stop.
A quote from a self-help book states that “just because you think it doesn’t make it true.” Perception is not reality, it’s someone’s brain using what it know it knows to understand that world around it. Often its wrong. In fact the axiom itself confirms this otherwise why would we need to proclaim it’s reality–reality is reality and nothing else. At least that’s my perception.
A Better Queue is a way to find hidden gems in the Netflix library.
Becoming Minimalist is nicely designed website about living minimally. Because we all could stand simplifying.
The Verge to keep up on tech news.
Pew Forum again because of my recent information addiction.
- Spending time with friends and spending time alone and the ability to feel good either way.
- Thinking about art.
- Fixing earrings that used to be my favorite.
This was inspired by my awesome friend, Sue.
- Find a place you trust and then try trusting it for a while.
- General duties of a student: pull everything out of your teacher, pull everything out of your fellow students.
- General duties of a teacher: pull everything out of your students.
- Consider everything an experiment.
- Be self-disciplined. This means finding someone wise or smart and choosing to follow them. To be disciplined is to follow in a good way. To be self-disciplined is to follow in a better way.
- Nothing is a mistake. There is no win and no fail. There is only make.
- The only rule is work. If you work it will lead to something. It’s the people who do all of the work all the time who eventually catch on to things.
- Don’t try to create and analyse at the same time. They’re different processes.
- Be happy whenever you can manage it. Enjoy yourself. It’s lighter than you think.
- “We’re breaking all of the rules. Even our own rules. And how do we do that? By leaving plenty of room for X quantities.” – John Cage.
Helpful hints: Always be around. Come or go to everything always. Go to classes. Read anything you can get your hands on. Look at movies carefully often. Save everything, it might come in handy later.
This list was originally from Teczno.com